REST API Training
Do you want to become a Certified REST API Professional? BITA Academy offers the Best REST API Training in Chennai, where you would take lessons about how web apps and services interact with web server resources. Our knowledgeable instructors will teach you the fundamentals and advanced concepts of REST API Testing, Automation, Utilities, Tools, and Framework. Our modules include HTTP Methods, Resource Naming, Idempotence, HTTP Status Codes, RESTful API Design, RESTful API Architecture, java RESTful API Development, and php RESTful API Development. Testing is an essential phase in the software project, and a professional needs to understand web services testing to test the app much more effectively.
What is REST API?
The acronym REST API refers to the Representational State Transfer Application Programming Interface. An API simplifies the development of a PC programme, which could be an online or database framework. APIs allow software components to communicate with one another in a standardized manner.
REST API is an application programming interface that multiple clients can use to communicate with a server. REST API is a type of web service that stores and retrieves data. It gives developers much freedom because it doesn’t require third-party code libraries to access web services.
Advantages of REST API
- One of the primary advantages of REST APIs is that they are based on the HTTP standard, which also means they are format-agnostic, allowing you to use XML, JSON, HTML, and other formats. This makes REST APIs quick and lightweight, essential for mobile app projects, internet of things devices, and other applications.
- A further advantage of REST APIs is that the client and server are self-reliant. The REST protocol decouples data storage and user interface from the server. This ensures that users can work on different aspects of a project independently and experiment with varying developer environments as requested.
- Scalability and flexibility are two of the third and possibly most essential advantages of REST APIs. Because of the client and server separation, REST APIs could be scaled quickly. Furthermore, developers can easily integrate REST APIs with little additional effort.
- REST APIs are also efficient, vital, utilize less bandwidth, and cost-effective because developers can use them without third-party tools.
Syllabus of REST API
PART 1: Rest API – An overview
- What is Web Services?
- Deep Dive on SOAP and REST Web Services
- How does REST API architecture works?
- What is BaseURL?
- What is Resources in REST API?
- How to use GET and POST request?
- How to use PUT and DELETE request?
- What are headers and cookies in rest request?
PART 2: Get started with REST API Testing
- Deep Dive on google place Search API for scripting
- What do you know about POSTMAN -Manual testing client?
- How is it useful for REST API?
- How to adding new place in Google Maps with google API?
- Do you know to validate responses with POSTMAN client?
PART 3: Automation Set Up
- What do you know Test API?
- How to set up Test Project with Rest Assured API?
- How to use tag for passing requests?
PART 4: Validate the Rest API Responses
- How to validate the body of first JSON response?
- Do you know to validate response headers and status codes?
- Real Time Examples
PART 5: Deep Dive on REST API Automation
- Do you know to automate POST request with payload?
- How to grab the response body into String for Advance validations?
- How to pass the response values into subsequent requests?
- Do you know to optimize the script?
- Deep Dive on Data driven testing best practices
PART 6: Automation Utilities
- How to Validate advanced xml responses?
- What are the Shortcut methods to convert raw data to xml/JSON?
- How to parse JSON response to extract values?
- How to log feature to debug automation script?
PART 7: Automate Jira
- How does Jira API Works?
- Deep Dive on Cookie Authentication API for Jira requests
- How to use GET and POST API Script in JIRA to create bugs?
- How to automate JIRA API?
- Real Time Examples
- How to add comment API using POST and PUT?
- How to use JIRA API Script?
PART 8: Deep Dive on OAuth Authentication Set Up
- What is OAuth?
- How does OAuth works?
- Difference between OAuth and OpenID
- Deep Dive on User Authentication using OAuth
PART 9: Maven- Build Management tool
- Deep Dive on Maven in Framework Dev
- How to install and configure Maven?
- Important things to know about Maven
- How to creating Maven Project?
- Do you know to import Maven in Eclipse?
- What do you know about POM.xml file?
- What do you know about surefire plugin?
- How is it used to execute Test?
- Do you know to integrate Testng with Maven?
- How to switch the Test with Maven Profiling?
PART 10: Jenkins- Continuous Integration Tool
- Deep Dive on Jenkins in Test frameworks
- How to Install and configure Jenkins?
- How to Configure Jenkin Settings and Workspace?
PART 11: TestNG Reports for Jenkin Jobs
PART 12: Testng Reporting Plugin into Jenkin jobs
PART 13: Logging Framework – log4j
- What is log4j?
- How is it used in Rest API framework?
- Do you know to import log4j in Eclipse project?
- Deep Dive on log4j xml file
- How to use xml file to control logging in Testcase?
PART 14: Integrate Excel
- What is Apace POI API?
- What do you know about download instructions?
- Do you know the Approach to Access Excel Data?
- How to access rows and its cells from sheet?
- Do you know to retrieve data from excel?
- Deep Dive on Library API
- What do you know about Library API Postman and Rest Assured?
- How to convert HashMap to JSON?
- How to integrate excel with Rest Assured Test?
REST API Certification Training
The REST API certification evaluates your skills and knowledge by industry standards. This certification is ideal for those who want to work in significant firms’ API, web, or software application development divisions. The application programme interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE the Certified REST API Development Professional manages data. This certification will help you advance your career and broaden your knowledge base. Candidates who want employment in REST API development can enrol in BITA Academy’s Best REST API Training in Chennai, which will give rise to a wide-ranging and fulfilling job.
- Certified REST API Developer
- Certified REST API Tester
Job Opportunities in REST API
API testing is the future of QA unless APIs are the new business reasoning for organizations. Over the next five years, API testing is expected to outnumber all other types of testing. Technology is becoming increasingly complex with IoT, security, cloud, web devices, and the need for integration. Most testing organizations have made a significant investment in functional automation. One of the most popular types of APIs is Representational State Transfer APIs. REST APIs have grown exponentially over the years; today, many developers use these APIs for critical projects. Employees who know Rest Api earn an average of 20 lakhs per year, most earning between 6 lakhs and 47 lakhs. Sign up for REST API Training in Chennai
The following are some of the job opportunities in REST API
- REST API Tester
- Java with REST API Developer
- Python with REST API Developer
- RESTful REST API Developer
- REST API & Web services Developer
Why should you select us?
- Once you complete the REST API Training, you will learn how to build and design API.
- We offer the best REST API Testing Course in Chennai for students who want to start their career in Software Testing.
- Our trainer’s teaching skill is excellent, and they are very polite when clearing doubts.
- We conduct mock tests that will be useful for your REST API Interview Preparation.
- Even after completing your REST API Training in Chennai, you will get career support from us.
- We know the IT market, and our REST API course content aligns with the latest trend.
- We provide classroom training with all essential preventative precautions.
- We provide REST API Online training on live meetings with recordings.
Selenium Training in Chennai
JMeter Training in Chennai
Protractor Training in Chennai
Data Science Training in Chennai
Python Training in Chennai
Manual testing Training in Chennai
Angular Training in Chennai
DevOps Training in Chennai
Android Training in Chennai
Mean Stack Training in Chennai
RPA Training in Chennai
iOS Training in Chennai
QTP Training in Chennai
Big Data Training in Chennai
Hadoop Training in Chennai
Informatica Training in Chennai
Blockchain Training in Chennai
PySpark Training in Chennai
TestComplete Training in Chennai
Data Science with R Training in Chennai
Machine Learning Training in Chennai
Azure Training in Chennai
SAP ABAP Training in Chennai
LoadRunner Training in Chennai
Frequently Asked Questions
We will arrange for a counselling session with you first to understand your requirements and based on it, we will allot any one of our trainer who are industry experts and has real time working experience in this field.
Yes. We will arrange a back up session for you if you miss any one of the classes. But we request you to be regular for the classes as we have limited training sessions for a course.
Yes, you need to have a laptop to attend our classroom training sessions. We will provide you the software details that are required for the course.
Yes. Our tech team will assist you on the software installation process that is required for the course program and we will guide or offer technical support if in case you face any issues during the course period.
Yes. We have a proper process in place to share with you the materials and codes that we will be used in this course program.
Yes, you can walk in walk in any time to our office for practise sessions. Our support team is always available to support you.
You can call us or walk in to our office to provide you more details on it.
Yes. we Provide certificate after completion of the course that will add more value to your profile for anyone who plans to attend job interviews.
Yes. we offer good discounts for professionals or students who join as batches. Please call us for more details on the current offers that is going on.
Yes, we offer corporate training at the best price ensuring that there is no compromise in the quality. Call us for if you need support there.